Saturday, October 6, 2012

DIY Chocolate Covered Strawberries Deluxe!

These chocolate-covered strawberries are not only delicious, but are also so cute and make a great addition to a party! These I made for my sister's bridal shower, so I decorated them with their initials, hearts, and sweet words.  The best part is that they are SO easy to make! I have always had a hard time with chocolate covered strawberries- I can never get the chocolate at the right temperature, it's hard to get the strawberries dipped in chocolate while making them look nice, and there's always chocolate left over that ends up getting wasted.  I wanted to make these for the shower and thought that maybe I could try to pipe the chocolate on the strawberries in zig-zag patterns and could possibly have more success.  Well, it worked great!  I used a frosting bag with a small round tip, filled it with chocolate and microwaved it to the right temperature.  I did some in zig-zag patterns but then got more creative as I realized how easy it was.  I loved that I was able to use all the chocolate without having so much wasted at the end.  I did have some chocolate left over after all the strawberries were covered and piped some words and hearts onto tin foil and refrigerated it.  After an hour or so, I popped the chocolate off and used it as a garnish on the platter.  They really turned out great and were just so easy and straightforward!  After my success with the strawberries I used the same technique to decorate some cheesecake cupcakes which also turned out really cute.  The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment